- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 lb. medium pasta shells
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning or 4 tablespoons homemade mild taco seasoning
- 3 oz cream cheese (can use reduced fat/low fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat/ low fat)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese plus more for topping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions on the box. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
Over medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add cooked pasta, reserved water, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Give it a good stir until cheeses are melty and incorporated. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with additional cheddar cheese.
Source: Delish: Creamy Taco Mac