The food included:
- Chicken Fingers
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Caesar Salad
- Horseradish and Apricot Crostini (Recipe Below)
- Garlic Hummus with Cut Vegetables and Pita Chips
- Fruit Skewers with Marshmallow Creme Dip
- Raspberry Truffles
- Cotton Candy and Lemon-Lime Jelly Beans
- S’More Pops
- “Key” Lime Pie Bites
- Petit Fours (favors for guests to take home)
The drink table was set-up outside with bottles of water, limeade, and strawberry punch.
My sister did such a wonderful job planning the entire party. She didn’t overlook any detail and everything had just the perfect pink/green touch. Everyone raved about the food and had a wonderful time. My niece loved her smash cake (not pictured) and licked each finger to get every last bit of icing off that she could :). Overall the party was a complete success. I can’t wait to start helping to plan her 2nd birthday party ;)
One of the appetizers that everyone loved was the horseradish and apricot crostini; everyone raved about this appetizer and kept going back for more. The original recipe suggests serving it as a dip with crackers, but my sister thought it would be great on toasted french bread as well...and it was!
Horseradish and Apricot Crostini
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon jarred horseradish
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced and lightly toasted
Cube cream cheese and place in a medium sized skillet. Heat over medium heat until cream cheese is softened.
Stir in horseradish, apricot preserves, and dried cranberries. Cook until heated through and all ingredients are well incorporated.
To serve, spread over sliced and lightly toasted french bread.
Horseradish and Apricot Crostini recipe adapted from: Crockpot 365