- 12 ounce can of tuna fish, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 4 of your favorite honey wheat buns (I used honey wheat sandwich thins)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- lettuce or baby spinach, if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine tuna, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, sour cream, and egg in a medium bowl. Mix well and form into 4 patties.
Place patties on a greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Serve burgers on toasted honey wheat buns topped with lemon sour cream*, a tomato slice and lettuce or baby spinach. Enjoy!
*To make lemon sour cream, combine approximately 3 tablespoons of sour cream with fresh squeezed lemon juice and salt to taste. This is a great compliment to the flavors in the tuna burgers.
Slightly adapted from: Can you Stay for Dinner: Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers